Scholarships ranging from up to $1200 for part time and up to $2500 for full time are given each year to students enrolled in community or technical college, along with undergraduate and graduate programs. Students are eligible for consideration for up to two years for a community or technical college program, up to four years of undergraduate work at a university (including two years in a community or technical college), and up to two years of graduate work.
Application Instructions & Application Form
Please click on this link to the 2022 application: https://www.
- School Affiliation: The applicant must be currently enrolled in or accepted into a program at a Minnesota State institution.
- Union Affiliation: The applicant must be a union member or the child, grandchild or spouse of a union member.
- Ethnicity: The applicant must be a racial/ethnic group member. "Racial/ethnic group member" is defined by the Minnesota State office of Equity and Inclusion (and for this scholarship) to include Black/African American, Chicano/a or Latino/a, Asian/Pacific Islander, and American Indian/Native American/Alaskan Native.
- Academic Standards: The applicant must meet academic and admission standards of the institution he/she is attending. Applicants must have at least a 2.0 grade point average for undergraduate students and 3.0 grade point average for graduate students to be eligible to apply for this scholarship.
- Credits Required: Full time status for undergraduate students is twelve (12) credits or more and graduate students is six (6) credits or more. Part-time status for undergraduate students is 6-11 credits.
- Awards: Part-time scholarship recipients will be awarded up to $1,200 and Full-time scholarship recipients will be awarded up to $2500.
In order to find additional details requiring the scholarship's requirements, please view Article Eight of the Program's Articles of Operation.