APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED!!
Application Deadline: May 31, 2014
Scholarships ranging from $500 to $2,000 are given each year to students who enroll in two year, undergraduate or graduate programs. The scholarship may be renewed for up to four years for students working toward a bachelor's degree, two years for students enrolled in a master's program, and up to two years for community or technical college program. A scholarship may be renewed one successive year if extenuating circumstances exist. When multiple awards are made, at least one recipient must be female.
Application Instructions & Application Form
To download the most recent version of the application instructions and application form, Right-click the links below, "Save Target As/Save Link As" or simply Left-click the links below.
- An applicant must be a racial minority union member or the son, daughter, grandchild, or spouse of a minority union member.
- An applicant must enroll or be enrolled in a program at a MnSCU institution. Preference is given to Minnesota residents.
- An applicant must meet the academic and admission standards of the school where the scholarship will be used.
- Two letters of recommendation should accompany the application. Letters of recommendation may come from teachers, community organizations, or church leaders, and leaders of clubs or groups. (The letters should address the applicants level of achievement, accomplishments, or determination in pursuing an education.)
- To be eligible for annual scholarship renewal, the student must maintain satisfactory academic progress and must satisfy other standards applied by the university to scholarship recipients.
In order to find additional details requiring the scholarship's requirements, please view Article Eight of the Program's Articles of Operation.